- Experienced & Award-Winning Representation
- No Fees Unless We Win
- Millions Recovered
- Personalized Small Firm Attention
- Free & Confidential Consultation
Wrongful death occurs when a person’s death was caused by the wrongful act or neglect of another. In California, statutes were specifically created to provide the decedent’s successors in interest and dependents with a cause of action for the losses they have personally suffered as a result of the decedent’s death. These losses typically include some form of the following:
- Damages for the loss of love, companionship, comfort, care, assistance, protection, affection, society and moral support;
- Damages which reflect the financial benefit survivors were receiving from decedent and those reasonably expected in the future;
- The loss of gifts or benefits the individual would have expected to receive; and
- Funeral and burial expenses.
Wrongful death cases can come about for many different reasons, including vehicle accidents, bicycle accidents, medical malpractice, elder abuse, defective products, dangerous conditions or construction accidents.
Wrongful death cases can be very complex and are always unique to the individual who is being compensated for the loss of a loved one. There is no fixed standard for a jury to decide the value of the loss, which makes it imperative that you consult with an experienced attorney.
The sudden loss of a family member or loved one can be too much to bear, particularly when caused by another’s wrongful acts. It is very important that you contact an experienced wrongful death lawyer who can analyze the specific individuals that are entitled to bring a claim and help you navigate the legal system through a very difficult time.
For a free and confidential consultation with an experienced attorney, please call us directly at (866) 338-7079, or click here to submit your inquiry online.