- Experienced & Award-Winning Representation
- No Fees Unless We Win
- Millions Recovered
- Personalized Small Firm Attention
- Free & Confidential Consultation
Village Square Healthcare Center
1586 W. San Marcos Boulevard
San Marcos, CA 92078
Data accessed November 19, 2019.General Information
Village Square Healthcare Center is a for-profit corporation owned by GC Holding Company LLC. A Medicare and Medicaid participant, this facility has 118 certified beds and is not located within a hospital or a Continuing Care Retirement Community.Fines and Citations
As a result of the facility’s most recent health inspection on February 14, 2019, the facility received 28 citations for various failures, including to:
- Ensure that two residents were assisted with their meals in a respectful fashion.
- Verify that informed consent was obtained for three residents.
- Develop care plans for two residents, resulting in the potential for residents to not receive required care.
- Transcribe admission wound treatment orders, causing wound treatments not to be performed for one resident.
- Ensure the maintenance of safe water temperatures in resident bathroom sinks.
- Provide a paraplegic resident with adaptive equipment to call facility staff.
- Ensure the administration and monitoring of oxygen in accordance with a physician's order for three residents.
- Ensure the cleaning of an ice machine bin and the proper installation of three air gaps.
- Maintain an infection prevention and control program in instances where a staffer was observed assisting residents during mealtime without performing proper hand hygiene, and in which a resident's urinary catheter drainage bag was observed lying on the floor.
This facility has automatic sprinkler systems in all required areas. Its most recent fire and safety inspection was on April 8, 2019, and no fire safety citations were issued. The average number of safety citations in California is 1.6; in the U.S., 3.0.Staffing
Number of Residents
The average number of residents per day at this facility is 111.7.
The California average is 86.4.
The national average is 85.7.
Number of Nurse Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The total number of licensed nurse staff hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 21 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 47 minutes.
The national average is 1 hour 34 minutes.
Number of RN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of RN hours per resident per day is 20 minutes.
The California average is 38 minutes.
The national average is 41 minutes.
LPN/LVN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of LPN/LVN hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 1 minute.
The California average is 1 hour and 9 minutes.
The national average is 52 minutes.
Nurse Aide Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of nurse aid hours per resident per day is 2 hours and 18 minutes.
The California average is 2 hours 33 minutes.
The national average is 2 hours 18 minutes.
Physical Therapist Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of Physical Therapist staff hours per resident per day is 5 minutes.
The California Average is 6 minutes.
The national average is 5 minutes.