- Experienced & Award-Winning Representation
- No Fees Unless We Win
- Millions Recovered
- Personalized Small Firm Attention
- Free & Confidential Consultation
Village Square Healthcare Center
1586 W. San Marcos Boulevard
San Marcos, CA 92078
Data accessed November 19, 2019.General Information
Village Square Healthcare Center is a for-profit corporation owned by GC Holding Company LLC. A Medicare and Medicaid participant, this facility has 118 certified beds and is not located within a hospital or a Continuing Care Retirement Community.Fines and Citations
As a result of the facility’s most recent health inspection on February 14, 2019, the facility received 28 citations for various failures, including to:
- Honor each resident's right to dignity, self-determination, communication, and the exercise of their rights.
- Ensure that the facility fully informs residents about their health status, care, and treatments, and that residents understand such.
- Provide residents with notice of their Medicaid and Medicare coverage, and inform them of their possible liability for services that are not covered by Medicaid/Medicare.
- Ensure the development and implementation of comprehensive care plans that meet all of each resident's needs.
- Ensure the development of comprehensive care plans within one week of a resident's comprehensive assessment.
- Ensure that comprehensive care plans are prepared, reviewed, and revised by healthcare professionals.
- Ensure that residents are provided with treatment and care that accords with physicians' orders as well as residents' preferences and goals.
- Ensure the provision of a nursing home environment free of accident hazards and with adequate supervision to prevent residents from sustaining accidents.
- Ensure that residents in need of respiratory care are provided with such safely and appropriately.
- Ensure the provision of sufficient staff to safely, effectively execute food and dietary services.
This facility has automatic sprinkler systems in all required areas. Its most recent fire and safety inspection was on April 8, 2019, and no fire safety citations were issued. The average number of safety citations in California is 1.6; in the U.S., 3.0.Staffing
Number of Residents
The average number of residents per day at this facility is 111.7.
The California average is 86.4.
The national average is 85.7.
Number of Nurse Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The total number of licensed nurse staff hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 21 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 47 minutes.
The national average is 1 hour 34 minutes.
Number of RN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of RN hours per resident per day is 20 minutes.
The California average is 38 minutes.
The national average is 41 minutes.
LPN/LVN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of LPN/LVN hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 1 minute.
The California average is 1 hour and 9 minutes.
The national average is 52 minutes.
Nurse Aide Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of nurse aid hours per resident per day is 2 hours and 18 minutes.
The California average is 2 hours 33 minutes.
The national average is 2 hours 18 minutes.
Physical Therapist Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of Physical Therapist staff hours per resident per day is 5 minutes.
The California Average is 6 minutes.
The national average is 5 minutes.