- Experienced & Award-Winning Representation
- No Fees Unless We Win
- Millions Recovered
- Personalized Small Firm Attention
- Free & Confidential Consultation
Villa Rancho Bernardo Care Center
15720 Bernardo Center Drive
San Diego, CA 92127
Data accessed December 11, 2019.General Information
Villa Rancho Bernardo Care Center is a for-profit corporation owned by Irving Bauman, Francis Johnson, and Eli Marmur. A Medicare and Medicaid participant, this facility has 299 certified beds and is not located within a hospital or Continuing Care Retirement Community.Fines and Citations
As a result of the facility’s most recent health inspection on August 30, 2018, the facility received 10 citations for various failures, including to:
- Address a resident's "behavior of throwing away her food."
- Supervise a resident during mealtimes per a physician's orders.
- Reassess the effectiveness of a resident's care plan for falls, resulting in that resident continuing to experience falling episodes.
- Provide individualized activities for a resident who liked to remain in her unit, resulting in the potential for that resident to experience "psychosocial harm and boredom."
- Address a resident's visual needs, resulting in his inability to read and to be involved in independent activities, "due to his poor eye sight."
- Provide a resident with podiatry care and services when the resident's toenails were "thick and overgrown. “
- Ensure two residents were free from hazards when they were allowed to carry smoking materials.
- Ensure a blood sugar medication pen was stored at the manufacturer-specified temperatures.
- Honor a resident's food preferences.
- Perform hand hygiene when passing out meal trays at two nursing stations.
This facility has automatic sprinkler systems in all required areas. Its most recent fire and safety inspection was on November 9, 2018, and 0 fire safety citations were issued. The average number of safety citations in California is 1.6; in the U.S., 3.0.Staffing
Number of Residents
The average number of residents per day at this facility is 285.0.
The California average is 86.4.
The national average is 85.7.
Number of Nurse Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The total number of licensed nurse staff hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 23 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 47 minutes.
The national average is 1 hour 34 minutes.
Number of RN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of RN hours per resident per day is 33 minutes.
The California average is 38 minutes.
The national average is 41 minutes.
LPN/LVN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of LPN/LVN hours per resident per day is 50 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 9 minutes.
The national average is 52 minutes.
Nurse Aide Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of nurse aid hours per resident per day is 2 hours and 18 minutes.
The California average is 2 hours 33 minutes.
The national average is 2 hours 18 minutes.
Physical Therapist Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of Physical Therapist staff hours per resident per day is 6 minutes.
The California Average is 6 minutes.
The national average is 5 minutes.