- Experienced & Award-Winning Representation
- No Fees Unless We Win
- Millions Recovered
- Personalized Small Firm Attention
- Free & Confidential Consultation
Valle Vista Convalescent Hospital
1025 W. Second Avenue
Escondido, CA 92025
Data accessed November 19, 2019.General Information
Valle Vista Convalescent Hospital is a for-profit corporation owned by Covenant Care LLC and Covenant Care California LLC. A Medicare and Medicaid participant, this facility has 59 certified beds and is not located within a hospital or a Continuing Care Retirement Community.Fines and Citations
As a result of the facility’s most recent health inspection on September 7, 2018, the facility received nine citations for various failures, including to:
- Ensure the correct coding of Minimum Data Set Assessments for certain residents, included one who was not coded as being under hospice care and one who was coded as leaving for an acute care hospital.
- Ensure that a resident was provided with water at their bedside, resulting in the potential for dehydration.
- Ensure that a resident was regularly assessed for pain and provided with physician-ordered pain medication when needed.
- Ensure a medication error rate of less than five percent, instead experiencing a medication error rate of 8.0%.
- Ensure proper food sanitation and storage in instances when a kitchen staff member was observed with an uncovered full beard; a milk refrigerator was not properly checked for temperature; and dry foods were not stored in a temperature-safe setting.
- Ensure the clean and sanitary maintenance of nebulizers between uses.
This facility has automatic sprinkler systems in all required areas. Its most recent fire and safety inspection was on November 16, 2018, and no fire safety citations were issued. The average number of safety citations in California is 1.6; in the U.S., 3.0.Staffing
Number of Residents
The average number of residents per day at this facility is 54.8.
The California average is 86.4.
The national average is 85.7.
Number of Nurse Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The total number of licensed nurse staff hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 21 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 47 minutes.
The national average is 1 hour 34 minutes.
Number of RN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of RN hours per resident per day is 23 minutes.
The California average is 38 minutes.
The national average is 41 minutes.
LPN/LVN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of LPN/LVN hours per resident per day is 58 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 9 minutes.
The national average is 52 minutes.
Nurse Aide Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of nurse aid hours per resident per day is 2 hours and 26 minutes.
The California average is 2 hours 33 minutes.
The national average is 2 hours 18 minutes.
Physical Therapist Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of Physical Therapist staff hours per resident per day is 6 minutes.
The California Average is 6 minutes.
The national average is 5 minutes.