- Experienced & Award-Winning Representation
- No Fees Unless We Win
- Millions Recovered
- Personalized Small Firm Attention
- Free & Confidential Consultation
Soundview Rehabilitation and Health Care
1105 27th Street
Anacortes, WA 98221
Data accessed April 29, 2022.General Information
Soundview Rehabilitation and Health Care is a for-profit entity owned by Jeffrey Hyatt. A Medicare and Medicaid participant, this facility has 44 certified beds and is not located within a hospital or Continuing Care Retirement Community.Fines and Citations
As a result of the facility’s most recent health inspection on November 6, 2019, the facility received 32 citations for various failures, including to:
- Provide residents with adequate supervision to prevent accidents. As a citation describes, a resident whose admission orders showed that he was supposed to wear a helmet to protect his head when not in his bed, having previously suffered a fall with head injury, sustained a fall at the facility and was not wearing his helmet at the time. In a separate instance, a resident whose care plan said he "had to be supervised when he was up in his room while in his wheelchair" was observed up in his wheelchair "with no staff present.”
- Employ adequate infection-prevention measures. According to a citation, facility staff dumped urine in a resident's bathroom sink in contravention of facility policy requiring staff to dump urine in the toilet.
- Keep resident drug regimens free from unnecessary psychotropic medications. According to a citation, four residents were not properly monitored to ensure adequate indications for the use of psychotropic medications, consequently placing them "at risk to receive unnecessary medications and/or adverse side effects.”
- Provide appropriate treatment and services to prevent the development of two pressure ulcers, resulting in two residents developing a Stage II pressure ulcer.
This facility has automatic sprinkler systems in all required areas. Its most recent fire and safety inspection was on November 6, 2019, and zero fire safety citations were issued. The average number of safety citations in Washington is 5.8; in the U.S., 4.4.Staffing
Number of Residents
The average number of residents per day at this facility is 30.8.
The Washington average is 62.9.
The national average is 76.5.
Number of Nurse Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The total number of licensed nurse staff hours per resident per day is 4 hours and 23 minutes.
The Washington average is 4 hours and 11 minutes.
The national average is 3 hours and 46 minutes.
Number of RN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of RN hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 1 minute.
The Washington average is 56 minutes.
The national average is 41 minutes.
LPN/LVN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of LPN/LVN hours per resident per day is 51 minutes.
The Washington average is 47 minutes minutes.
The national average is 53 minutes.
Nurse Aide Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of nurse aid hours per resident per day is 2 hours and 31 minutes.
The Washington average is 2 hours 28 minutes.
The national average is 2 hours 12 minutes.
Physical Therapist Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of Physical Therapist staff hours per resident per day is 18 minutes.
The Washington Average is 5 minutes.
The national average is 4 minutes.