- Experienced & Award-Winning Representation
- No Fees Unless We Win
- Millions Recovered
- Personalized Small Firm Attention
- Free & Confidential Consultation
Shuksan Healthcare Center
1530 James Street
Bellingham, WA 98225
Data accessed April 27, 2022.General Information
Shuksan Healthcare Center is a for-profit corporation owned by Jeffrey Hyatt. A Medicare and Medicaid participant, this facility has 52 certified beds and is not located within a hospital or Continuing Care Retirement Community.Fines and Citations
As a result of the facility’s most recent health inspection on June 27, 2019, the facility received 26 citations for various failures, including to:
- Immediately report potential neglect to state authorities, in an instance when a resident was found outside the facility.
- Ensure baseline care plans were completed and accurate for a resident at risk for unsafe wandering, whose history included wandering from an apartment and falling on a sidewalk.
- Implement a gradual dose reduction and non-pharmacological interventions for residents on psychotropic medications, placing them "at risk for experiencing adverse side-effects from unnecessary medication use.”
- Adequately supervise two residents reviewed for wandering, placing the residents at risk for injury and other adverse outcomes associated with wandering behaviors.
- Provide sufficient food and fluids to maintain a resident's health, in an instance in which four residents were found not to have consistently received adequate fluids and nutrition.
This facility has automatic sprinkler systems in all required areas. Its most recent fire and safety inspection was on June 19, 2019, and 25 fire safety citations were issued. The average number of safety citations in Washington is 5.8; in the U.S., 4.4.Staffing
Number of Residents
The average number of residents per day at this facility is 30.3.
The Washington average is 62.9.
The national average is 76.5.
Number of Nurse Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The total number of licensed nurse staff hours per resident per day is 4 hours and 24 minutes.
The Washington average is 4 hours and 11 minutes.
The national average is 3 hours and 46 minutes.
Number of RN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of RN hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 8 minutes.
The Washington average is 56 minutes.
The national average is 41 minutes.
LPN/LVN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of LPN/LVN hours per resident per day is 46 minutes.
The Washington average is 47 minutes minutes.
The national average is 53 minutes.
Nurse Aide Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of nurse aid hours per resident per day is 2 hour3 and 30 minutes.
The Washington average is 2 hours 28 minutes.
The national average is 2 hours 12 minutes.
Physical Therapist Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of Physical Therapist staff hours per resident per day is 4 minutes.
The Washington Average is 5 minutes.
The national average is 4 minutes.