- Experienced & Award-Winning Representation
- No Fees Unless We Win
- Millions Recovered
- Personalized Small Firm Attention
- Free & Confidential Consultation
Rancho Mesa Care Center
9333 La Mesa Drive
Alta Loma, CA 91701
Data accessed December 28, 2019.General Information
Rancho Mesa Care Center is a for-profit LLC owned by Marylynn Mahan and Philip Weinberger. A Medicare and Medicaid participant, this facility has 59 certified beds and is not located within a hospital or Continuing Care Retirement Community.Fines and Citations
As a result of the facility’s most recent health inspection on January 14, 2019, the facility received 29 citations for various failures, including to:
- Ensure the provision of personal privacy to a resident in an instance when facility staff "did not fully draw the resident's curtain around his bed" during wound care.
- Follow up on a resident's order for urinalysis and complete blood count level.
- Obtain a physician's order before placing an in-dwelling catheter in a resident's gastrostomy stoma.
- Ensure grooming needs were provided to a resident.
- Accurately assess and implement interventions to prevent the deterioration of two residents' pressure ulcers.
- Prevent a resident from ingesting medication "that had been dropped on the floor in the presence of a licensed nurse."
- Timely complete a smoking assessment and care plan.
- Implement interventions when a resident's significant weight loss was recorded.
- Ensure the facility addressed pharmacist recommendations for a resident.
- Ensure food and nutrition support personnel performed hand hygiene, as well as other infection control procedures, per professional standards of practice.
- Serve mashed potatoes in a palatable form.
This facility has automatic sprinkler systems in all required areas. Its most recent fire and safety inspection was on March 14, 2019, and 0 fire safety citation was issued. The average number of safety citations in California is 1.6; in the U.S., 3.0.Staffing
Number of Residents
The average number of residents per day at this facility is 54.7.
The California average is 86.4.
The national average is 85.8.
Number of Nurse Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The total number of licensed nurse staff hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 25 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 46 minutes.
The national average is 1 hour 34 minutes.
Number of RN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of RN hours per resident per day is 20 minutes.
The California average is 38 minutes.
The national average is 41 minutes.
LPN/LVN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of LPN/LVN hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 5 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 9 minutes.
The national average is 52 minutes.
Nurse Aide Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of nurse aid hours per resident per day is 2 hours and 22 minutes.
The California average is 2 hours 33 minutes.
The national average is 2 hours 19 minutes.
Physical Therapist Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of Physical Therapist staff hours per resident per day is 11 minutes.
The California Average is 6 minutes.
The national average is 5 minutes.