- Experienced & Award-Winning Representation
- No Fees Unless We Win
- Millions Recovered
- Personalized Small Firm Attention
- Free & Confidential Consultation
Poway Healthcare Center
15632 Pomerado Road
Poway, CA 92064
Data accessed November 19, 2019.General Information
Poway Healthcare Center is a for-profit corporation owned by California Opco Sub LLC. A Medicare and Medicaid participant, this facility has 99 certified beds and is not located within a hospital or a Continuing Care Retirement Community.Fines and Citations
As a result of the facility’s most recent health inspection on April 11, 2019, the facility received 12 citations for various failures, including to:
- Ensure that facility staff responded to several residents' call lights in a timely fashion.
- Ensure the use or availability of a language line for personal interpretation during telephone calls for two residents who did not speak English.
- Perform surgical wound dressing changes in accordance with a physician's order for a resident, resulting in the potential to cause infection and delayed healing.
- Ensure the timely processing of a resident's order for an anxiety reducing medication.
- Provide a resident with a breakfast that followed the resident's physician's orders.
- Get the input of residents and resident groups in connection to the implementation of a new menu.
- Provide one resident with an appropriate meal, in accordance with physician orders, to take with them during a medical treatment.
- Develop and implement a procedure to monitor the laundry area's disinfecting system, resulting in the potential to put resident linens and laundry at risk of contamination.
This facility has automatic sprinkler systems in all required areas. Its most recent fire and safety inspection was on May 2, 2019, and no fire safety citations were issued. The average number of safety citations in California is 1.6; in the U.S., 3.0.Staffing
Number of Residents
The average number of residents per day at this facility is 93.9.
The California average is 86.4.
The national average is 85.7.
Number of Nurse Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The total number of licensed nurse staff hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 28 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 47 minutes.
The national average is 1 hour 34 minutes.
Number of RN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of RN hours per resident per day is 31 minutes.
The California average is 38 minutes.
The national average is 41 minutes.
LPN/LVN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of LPN/LVN hours per resident per day is 57 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 9 minutes.
The national average is 52 minutes.
Nurse Aide Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of nurse aid hours per resident per day is 2 hours and 12 minutes.
The California average is 2 hours 33 minutes.
The national average is 2 hours 18 minutes.
Physical Therapist Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of Physical Therapist staff hours per resident per day is 3 minutes.
The California Average is 6 minutes.
The national average is 5 minutes.