- Experienced & Award-Winning Representation
- No Fees Unless We Win
- Millions Recovered
- Personalized Small Firm Attention
- Free & Confidential Consultation
Medical Center Convalescent Hospital
467 E. Gilbert Street
San Bernardino, CA 92404
Data accessed December 18, 2019.General Information
Medical Center Convalescent Hospital is a for-profit LLC owned by Jenq Chen and Tze-Yun Chen. A Medicare and Medicaid participant, this facility has 99 certified beds and is not located within a hospital or Continuing Care Retirement Community.Fines and Citations
As a result of the facility’s most recent health inspection on June 13, 2019, the facility received 10 citations for various failures, including to:
- Ensure residents' right to a dignified experience in an instance in which staff identified certain residents as feeders.
- Develop an individualized care plan for a resident's wander guard.
- Provide a resident with assistance with activities of daily living in an instance in which the resident was observed with a "white flaky substance on her lower lips."
- Implement enteral nutrition policies and procedures in an instance in which a resident's gastric tube was found disconnected and with its infusion port lying on the facility's floor, dripping solution.
- Follow a physician's instructions concerning the administration of supplemental oxygen to a resident.
- Ensure the competence of licensed nurses in connection with the performance of assessment of two residents with an elopement risk.
- Ensure the proper labeling and storage of a resident's nebulizer.
This facility has automatic sprinkler systems in all required areas. Its most recent fire and safety inspection was on July 2, 2019, and 0 fire safety citations were issued. The average number of safety citations in California is 1.6; in the U.S., 3.0.Staffing
Number of Residents
The average number of residents per day at this facility is 76.4.
The California average is 86.4.
The national average is 85.8.
Number of Nurse Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The total number of licensed nurse staff hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 21 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 46 minutes.
The national average is 1 hour 34 minutes.
Number of RN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of RN hours per resident per day is 22 minutes.
The California average is 38 minutes.
The national average is 41 minutes.
LPN/LVN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of LPN/LVN hours per resident per day is 59 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 9 minutes.
The national average is 52 minutes.
Nurse Aide Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of nurse aid hours per resident per day is 2 hours and 22 minutes.
The California average is 2 hours 33 minutes.
The national average is 2 hours 19 minutes.
Physical Therapist Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of Physical Therapist staff hours per resident per day is 5 minutes.
The California Average is 6 minutes.
The national average is 5 minutes.