- Experienced & Award-Winning Representation
- No Fees Unless We Win
- Millions Recovered
- Personalized Small Firm Attention
- Free & Confidential Consultation
Life Care Center of Menifee
27600 Encante Drive
Sun City, CA 92586
Life Care Center of Menifee is a for-profit institution owned by Life Care Centers of America, Inc. This facility has 99 certified beds and is not in a hospital or a continuing care retirement community (CCRC).Fines and Citations
As a result of their last health inspection on October 19, 2018, they received 30 citations for failure to:
- Honor 8 of 17 resident’s right to guide their own treatment by creating an advance directive. This means they would be unable to clarify their wishes in the even they are incapacitated;
- Notify the resident, the doctor, and the family of changes in health status of the resident. In one case, the resident did not have a bowel movement for 6 days. In 2 other cases, significant weight loss was not disclosed;
- Perform a quarterly assessment on one patient to ensure their medical requirements were being met;
- Implement a care plan to address the weight loss of a resident;
- Review, revise, and implement a Nutritional Care Plan to address the aggressive weight loss of a patient;
- Provide appropriate treatment for a patient that was constipated for 5 to 6 days and was unable to take medication for 3 days due to nausea;
- Meet the dietary needs of 8 out of 8 residents who required a puree diet;
- Provide a protein substitute to 2 of 2 residents who required a vegetarian diet;
- Meet the needs of residents that requested specific protein sources tofu and poultry;
- Store and prepare food in accordance with professional standards. Trays in the refrigerator were not labeled and dated. They failed to get the ice machine serviced in the required time frame. The dietary staff did not add sanitizer to the sink where trays are washed;
- Report lab values to the resident after blood work was completed.
This facility does have automatic sprinkler systems in all required areas. It’s most recent fire and safety inspection was on December 20, 2018, and no citations were given. The average number of safety citations in California is 1.8 and, in the U.S., it is 2.9.Staffing
Number of Residents
The average number of residents per day at this facility is 76.7.
The California average is 86.4.
The national average is 86.0.
Number of Nurse Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The total number of licensed nurse staff hours per resident per day is 2 hours and 9 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 45 minutes.
The national average is 1 hour 33 minutes.
Number of RN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of RN hours per resident per day is 30 minutes.
The California average is 37 minutes.
The national average is 40 minutes.
LPN/LVN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of LPN/LVN hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 39 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 8 minutes.
The national average is 53 minutes.
Nurse Aid Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of nurse aid hours per resident per day is 2 hours and 18 minutes.
The California average is 2 hours 34 minutes.
The national average is 2 hours 20 minutes.
Physical Therapist Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of Physical Therapist staff hours per resident per day is 9 minutes.
The California Average is 8 minutes.
The national average is 7 minutes.