- Experienced & Award-Winning Representation
- No Fees Unless We Win
- Millions Recovered
- Personalized Small Firm Attention
- Free & Confidential Consultation
La Paloma Healthcare Center
3232 Thunder Drive
Oceanside, CA 92056
Data accessed December 10, 2019.General Information
La Paloma Healthcare Center is a for profit corporation owned by California Opco LLC. A Medicare and Medicaid participant, this facility has 93 certified beds and is not located within a hospital or a Continuing Care Retirement Community.Fines and Citations
As a result of the facility’s most recent health inspection on April 26, 2019, the facility received 13 citations for various failures, including to:
- Ensure a resident was assisted with feeding activities in a manner that protected their right to dignity. According to the citation, a staff member was observed feeding the resident while standing over here ,"approximately two feet higher than the resident's head," rather than sitting next to the resident and feeding her at eye level.
- Implement a hearing aid for one resident, who consequently experienced "decreased socialization and isolation."
- Accurately assess a resident's skin, resulting in the potential for confusion and miscommunication among staff.
- Properly supervise a resident during a shower, resulting in the resident falling and hitting his head.
- Administer a resident's constipation medication in accordance with a physician's orders, resulting in the resident experiencing abdominal discomfort.
- Discard two onions with black discoloration.
- Discard two dried cereal bowls 24 hours after they were prepared.
- Ensure that food brought from outside the facility was safely stored and reheated.
- Timely administer the flu vaccine for a resident, resulting in the potential for the resident to contract the illness and spread it.
This facility has automatic sprinkler systems in all required areas. Its most recent fire and safety inspection was on May 7, 2019, and 0 fire safety citations were issued. The average number of safety citations in California is 1.6; in the U.S., 3.0.Staffing
Number of Residents
The average number of residents per day at this facility is 91.7.
The California average is 86.4.
The national average is 85.7.
Number of Nurse Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The total number of licensed nurse staff hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 36 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 47 minutes.
The national average is 1 hour 34 minutes.
Number of RN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of RN hours per resident per day is 32 minutes.
The California average is 38 minutes.
The national average is 41 minutes.
LPN/LVN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of LPN/LVN hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 4 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 9 minutes.
The national average is 52 minutes.
Nurse Aide Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of nurse aid hours per resident per day is 2 hours and 10 minutes.
The California average is 2 hours 33 minutes.
The national average is 2 hours 18 minutes.
Physical Therapist Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of Physical Therapist staff hours per resident per day is 5 minutes.
The California Average is 6 minutes.
The national average is 5 minutes.