- Experienced & Award-Winning Representation
- No Fees Unless We Win
- Millions Recovered
- Personalized Small Firm Attention
- Free & Confidential Consultation
Hillcrest Nursing Home
4280 Cypress Drive
San Bernardino, CA 92407
Data accessed December 26, 2019.General Information
Hillcrest Nursing Home is a for-profit corporation owned by Marna Health Services Inc., Marioa Barrios, and Napoleon Garcia. A Medicare and Medicaid participant, this facility has 59 certified beds and is not located within a hospital or Continuing Care Retirement Community.Fines and Citations
As a result of the facility’s most recent health inspection on October 5, 2018, the facility received 20 citations for various failures, including to:
- Ensure a resident was able to decide to eat in his room.
- Post the facility's most recent survey results in a readily, easily accessible area, as required.
- Ensure the timely completion of baseline care plans for a resident's dementia medication.
- Ensure the development of a care plan for a resident's use of oxygen.
- Ensure the establishment and maintenance of a system to identify expired medications in emergency kits.
- Ensure a medication storage room contained thermometers.
- Ensure kitchen staff were "competent in understanding the use of chemical sanitizing… strips for monitoring the sanitization of the water" in a dish machine.
- Clean a blood pressure cuff between usages for three residents.
- Ensure a resident received a pneumococcal vaccine after a five-year period.
- Monitor two blood glucose machines' controls.
This facility has automatic sprinkler systems in all required areas. Its most recent fire and safety inspection was on December 4, 2018, and 0 fire safety citations were issued. The average number of safety citations in California is 1.6; in the U.S., 3.0.Staffing
Number of Residents
The average number of residents per day at this facility is 55.4.
The California average is 86.4.
The national average is 85.8.
Number of Nurse Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The total number of licensed nurse staff hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 4 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 46 minutes.
The national average is 1 hour 34 minutes.
Number of RN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of RN hours per resident per day is 11 minutes.
The California average is 38 minutes.
The national average is 41 minutes.
LPN/LVN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of LPN/LVN hours per resident per day is 53 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 9 minutes.
The national average is 52 minutes.
Nurse Aide Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of nurse aid hours per resident per day is 2 hours and 57 minutes.
The California average is 2 hours 33 minutes.
The national average is 2 hours 19 minutes.
Physical Therapist Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of Physical Therapist staff hours per resident per day is 0 minutes.
The California Average is 6 minutes.
The national average is 5 minutes.