- Experienced & Award-Winning Representation
- No Fees Unless We Win
- Millions Recovered
- Personalized Small Firm Attention
- Free & Confidential Consultation
Grand Terrace Care Center
12000 Mt. Vernon Avenue
Grand Terrace, CA 92313
Data accessed December 19, 2019.General Information
Grand Terrace Care Center is a for-profit corporation owned by NAHS Southeast Inc. A Medicare and Medicaid participant, this facility has 59 certified beds and is not located within a hospital or Continuing Care Retirement Community.Fines and Citations
As a result of the facility’s most recent health inspection on July 26, 2019, the facility received 14 citations for various failures, including to:
- Provide wound care to a resident as prescribed.
- Ensure licensed nurses handled the use of enteral tube feeding pumps for Certified Nursing Assistants during the provision of care to residents.
- Follow manufacturers' guidelines as well as facility policy and procedure while changing, labeling, maintaining, and "using required connections" for residents' respiratory equipment.
- Properly label a resident's medication.
- Ensure the competency of the facility's Food and Nutrition Supervisory staff in an instance when "there was no cleaning schedule or monitoring of cleaning for areas in the mobile Kitchen."
- Ensure the competency of a cook who did not know proper procedures for the use of a certain sink and the use of a sanitizer to clean preparation surfaces.
- Ensure the availability of suitable, nourishing alternative meals and snacks to residents who wish to eat at non-traditional mealtimes.
- Ensure two resident rooms housed no more than four residents.
This facility has automatic sprinkler systems in all required areas. Its most recent fire and safety inspection was on August 14, 2019, and 0 fire safety citations were issued. The average number of safety citations in California is 1.6; in the U.S., 3.0.Staffing
Number of Residents
The average number of residents per day at this facility is 51.3.
The California average is 86.4.
The national average is 85.8.
Number of Nurse Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The total number of licensed nurse staff hours per resident per day is 2 hours and 14 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 46 minutes.
The national average is 1 hour 34 minutes.
Number of RN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of RN hours per resident per day is 47 minutes.
The California average is 38 minutes.
The national average is 41 minutes.
LPN/LVN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of LPN/LVN hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 27 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 9 minutes.
The national average is 52 minutes.
Nurse Aide Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of nurse aid hours per resident per day is 2 hours and 35 minutes.
The California average is 2 hours 33 minutes.
The national average is 2 hours 19 minutes.
Physical Therapist Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of Physical Therapist staff hours per resident per day is 9 minutes.
The California Average is 6 minutes.
The national average is 5 minutes.