- Experienced & Award-Winning Representation
- No Fees Unless We Win
- Millions Recovered
- Personalized Small Firm Attention
- Free & Confidential Consultation
Community Care on Palm
4768 Palm Avenue
Riverside, CA 92501
Data accessed November 26, 2019.General Information
Community Care on Palm is a for-profit corporation owned by South Coast Health & Wellness Corporation, Bill Jumonville, and Cheryl Jumonville. A Medicare and Medicaid participant, this facility has 51 certified beds and is not located within a hospital or a Continuing Care Retirement Community.Fines and Citations
As a result of the facility’s most recent health inspection on December 14, 2018 the facility received 18 citations for various failures, including to:
- Ensure that residents were treated with respect in two instances: one in which a staffer did not knock while entering a resident's quarters, and one in which the facility did not cover a resident's catheter with a dignity bag.
- Provide two residents with written information concerning the formulation of advance directives.
- Ensure that a resident was free from the use of a physical restraint without an adequate assessment for its use, in an instance where a bed alarm was attached to a resident in the absence of a physician's order for such.
- Ensure the implementation of a plan of care to address a resident's hip location and knee fracture.
- Ensure the implementation of a care plan to place bilateral mats on the floor of a resident's room so as to prevent injury by falling.
- Ensure that residents were free from unnecessary medications indicated for allergies.
- Ensure a medication error rate below 5%, instead experiencing a medication error rate of 8.82%.
This facility has automatic sprinkler systems in all required areas. Its most recent fire and safety inspection was on February 11, 2019, and 0 fire safety citations were issued. The average number of safety citations in California is 1.6; in the U.S., 3.0.Staffing
Number of Residents
The average number of residents per day at this facility is 49.5.
The California average is 86.4.
The national average is 85.7.
Number of Nurse Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The total number of licensed nurse staff hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 11 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 47 minutes.
The national average is 1 hour 34 minutes.
Number of RN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of RN hours per resident per day is 16 minutes.
The California average is 38 minutes.
The national average is 41 minutes.
LPN/LVN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of LPN/LVN hours per resident per day is 55 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 9 minutes.
The national average is 52 minutes.
Nurse Aide Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of nurse aid hours per resident per day is 2 hour and 47 minutes.
The California average is 2 hours 33 minutes.
The national average is 2 hours 18 minutes.
Physical Therapist Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of Physical Therapist staff hours per resident per day is 1 minute.
The California Average is 6 minutes.
The national average is 5 minutes.