- Experienced & Award-Winning Representation
- No Fees Unless We Win
- Millions Recovered
- Personalized Small Firm Attention
- Free & Confidential Consultation
Citrus Nursing Center
9440 Citrus Avenue
Fontana, CA 92335
Data accessed December 28, 2019.General Information
The Cove at La Jolla is a for-profit LLC owned by Francis Johnson and Eli Marmur. A Medicare and Medicaid participant, this facility has 99 certified beds and is not located within a hospital or Continuing Care Retirement Community.Fines and Citations
As a result of the facility’s most recent health inspection on August 23, 2019, the facility received 8 citations for various failures, including to:
- Ensure two nurses followed facility procedures when obtaining four residents' finger-stick blood sugar levels, testing the residents' first drop of blood after they used alcohol to clean the residents' fingers, rather than discarding the first drop and testing the second.
- Ensure a safe environment in two instances: one in which a resident was found to possess smoking implements but was not provided with a locked drawer to store them, in accordance with facility smoking policy; and another in which a resident did not have proper signage posted outside her room when she had oxygen supplies in it.
- Ensure a resident's medications were not stored past their expiration date.
- Ensure plastic tray bins were not stacked and stored wet.
- Ensure a "build-up of yellowish orange residue" was not removed from an ice machine.
This facility has automatic sprinkler systems in all required areas. Its most recent fire and safety inspection was on September 6, 2019, and 0 fire safety citations were issued. The average number of safety citations in California is 1.6; in the U.S., 3.0.Staffing
Number of Residents
The average number of residents per day at this facility is 94.2.
The California average is 86.4.
The national average is 85.8.
Number of Nurse Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The total number of licensed nurse staff hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 39 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 46 minutes.
The national average is 1 hour 34 minutes.
Number of RN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of RN hours per resident per day is 22 minutes.
The California average is 38 minutes.
The national average is 41 minutes.
LPN/LVN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of LPN/LVN hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 17 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 9 minutes.
The national average is 52 minutes.
Nurse Aide Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of nurse aid hours per resident per day is 2 hours and 28 minutes.
The California average is 2 hours 33 minutes.
The national average is 2 hours 19 minutes.
Physical Therapist Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of Physical Therapist staff hours per resident per day is 11 minutes.
The California Average is 6 minutes.
The national average is 5 minutes.