- Experienced & Award-Winning Representation
- No Fees Unless We Win
- Millions Recovered
- Personalized Small Firm Attention
- Free & Confidential Consultation
Capistrano Beach Care Center
35410 Del Rey
Capistrano Beach, CA 92624
Capistrano Beach Care Center is a for-profit institution owned by Capistrano Beach Care Center, LLC. This facility has 93 certified beds and is not in a hospital or a continuing care retirement community (CCRC).Fines and Citations
As a result of their last health inspection on April 10, 2018, they received 12 citations for failure to:
- A resident was exhibiting behaviors such as calling out and not wanting workers to leave said resident’s room. However, the resident’s notes stated they were not exhibiting any behavior to indicate possible mental health issues;
- The facility put a resident at risk by not creating a care plan that included the use of a bariatric bed. This led to increased risk of a fall;
- I&Os were not adequately reported on a resident exhibiting signs of dehydration;
- The facility did not report adequate indications for certain medications which led to a resident possibly taking medication they did not require;
- A gradual dose reduction plan was not in place for more than one resident. This led to them possibly taking medication which lacked a current indication;
- The facility failed to ensure the appliances in the kitchen were free of dirt and grease which led to unsatisfactory food preparatory conditions;
- An LVN was observed using inadequate hand washing techniques between glove changes. This was an indication that no infection control program was firmly in place;
This facility does have automatic sprinkler systems in all required areas. It’s most recent fire and safety inspection was on June 5, 2018, and no citations were given. The average number of safety citations in California is 1.6 and, in the U.S., it is 2.9.Staffing
Number of Residents
The average number of residents per day at this facility is 82.7.
The California average is 85.8.
The national average is 85.7.
Number of Nurse Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The total number of licensed nurse staff hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 30 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 45 minutes.
The national average is 1 hour 33 minutes.
Number of RN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of RN hours per resident per day is 24 minutes.
The California average is 37 minutes.
The national average is 40 minutes.
LPN/LVN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of LPN/LVN hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 6 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 8 minutes.
The national average is 53 minutes.
Nurse Aid Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of nurse aid hours per resident per day is 2 hours and 27 minutes.
The California average is 2 hours 33 minutes.
The national average is 2 hours 19 minutes.
Physical Therapist Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of Physical Therapist staff hours per resident per day is 7 minutes.
The California Average is 6 minutes.
The national average is 5 minutes.