- Experienced & Award-Winning Representation
- No Fees Unless We Win
- Millions Recovered
- Personalized Small Firm Attention
- Free & Confidential Consultation
Astor Healthcare Center
247 East Bobier Drive
Vista, CA 92084
Astor Healthcare Center is a for-profit institution owned by Vista Post Acute Center LLC. This facility has 187 beds and is not in a hospital of a continuing care retirement community (CCRC).Fines and Citations
As a result of their last health inspection on December 21, 2017, they received 19 citations for failure to:
- Provide food indicative of a dignified existence of the residents;
- Update the resident’s assessments at least once every three months;
- Ensure accuracy of resident’s assessments;
- Develop and implement a care plan specific to the needs of some residents;
- Use the prescribed communication method for a nonverbal patient.
- Provide adequate pressure ulcer treatment and preventative care.
- Provide appropriate monitoring for a patient designated as a fall risk.
- Complete urinary catheter care which increased the risk of the formation of infection.
- Remove access to the Automated Dispensing Cabinet from former employees.
- Ensure that a licensed pharmacist reviews the drug regimen of each resident monthly.
- Be certain that each resident’s drug regimen is free from unnecessary drugs.
- Ensure that all drugs are labeled properly.
- Employ a sufficient amount of skilled food and nutrition services staff.
- Ensure menus offered enough options to meet the nutritional needs of all residents.
- Provide food that is palatable and safe. In addition, the food was not served at the appropriate temperature.
- Appropriately, acquire and store food in accordance with professional standards.
- Keep all essential equipment working safely.
This facility does have automatic sprinkler systems in all required areas. It’s most recent fire and safety inspection was on January 10, 2018, and no citations were given. The average number of safety citations in California is 1.8 and, in the U.S., it is 2.9.Staffing
Number of Residents
The average number of residents per day at this facility is 173.7.
The California average is 86.4.
The national average is 86.0.
Number of Nurse Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The total number of licensed nurse staff hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 28 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 45 minutes.
The national average is 1 hour 33 minutes.
Number of RN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of RN hours per resident per day is 35 minutes.
The California average is 37 minutes.
The national average is 40 minutes.
LPN/LVN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of LPN/LVN hours per resident per day is 53 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 8 minutes.
The national average is 53 minutes.
Nurse Aid Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of nurse aid hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 49 minutes.
The California average is 2 hours 34 minutes.
The national average is 2 hours 20 minutes.
Physical Therapist Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of Physical Therapist staff hours per resident per day is 3 minutes.
The California Average is 8 minutes.
The national average is 7 minutes.