- Experienced & Award-Winning Representation
- No Fees Unless We Win
- Millions Recovered
- Personalized Small Firm Attention
- Free & Confidential Consultation
Air Force Village West (AFVW) Health Center
17040 Arnold Dr.
Riverside, CA 92518
The AFVW Health Center has 59 certified beds. It is a Medicare participant and it is not in a hospital. It is owned by a non-profit corporation. It is within a continuing care retirement community (CCRC).Fines and Citations
This facility was inspected on September 13, 2018. That inspection resulted in 8 citations including failure to:
- Honor the resident's right to a dignified existence, self-determination, communication, and to exercise his or her rights.
- Immediately tell the resident, the resident's doctor, and a family member of situations (injury/decline/room, etc.) that affect the resident.
- Give residents notice of Medicaid/Medicare coverage and potential liability for services not covered.
- Develop and implement a complete care plan that meets all the resident's needs, with timetables and actions that can be measured.
- Provide appropriate treatment and care according to orders, resident’s preferences and goals.
- Ensure drugs and biologicals used in the facility are labeled in accordance with currently accepted professional principles; and all drugs and biologicals must be stored in locked compartments, separately locked, compartments for controlled drugs.
- Procure food from sources approved or considered satisfactory and store, prepare, distribute and serve food in accordance with professional standards.
- Safeguard resident-identifiable information and/or maintain medical records on each resident that are in accordance with accepted professional standards.
This facility does have automatic sprinkler systems in all required areas. It’s most recent fire and safety inspection was on November 20, 2018, and no citations were given. The average number of safety citations in California is 1.8 and, in the U.S., it is 2.9.Staffing
Number of Residents
The average number of residents per day at this facility is 48.8.
The California average is 86.4.
The national average is 86.0.
Number of Nurse Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The total number of licensed nurse staff hours per resident per day is 2 hours and 6 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 45 minutes.
The national average is 1 hour 33 minutes.
Number of RN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of RN hours per resident per day is 32 minutes.
The California average is 37 minutes.
The national average is 40 minutes.
LPN/LVN Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of LPN/LVN hours per resident per day is 1 hour and 34 minutes.
The California average is 1 hour and 8 minutes.
The national average is 53 minutes.
Nurse Aid Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of nurse aid hours per resident per day is 3 hours.
The California average is 2 hours 34 minutes.
The national average is 2 hours 20 minutes.
Physical Therapist Staff Hours Per Resident Per Day
The number of Physical Therapist staff hours per resident per day is 16 minutes.
The California Average is 8 minutes.
The national average is 7 minutes.